Interview with Duddie
- Could you please tell us your name and your role in emulation?
- PSEmu author... :)
- How did you discover emulation?
- It was a long time ago.... I have got Speccy (my favourite computa) emu
for Amiga or PC (can not remember right now....) and.... it was really
awesome... really slow... like PSEmu nowadays... but it was usable...
- What made you want to start creating PSEmu?
- I wanted to show up myself on emu scene.... so... here I'm!!!!! And why
PSX??? Simply... there were no PSX emulator!!!!! So.. it is better to
make a new emu, even working partially than creating an emu clone....
EMU of EMU????
- How long have you been working on PSEmu?
- Ups.... Since I have bought PSX.... march'97.... probably....
- What programming language did you write PSEmu in?
- Pure C!!! I really prefer pure languages.... to make things portable...
- How long have you spent programming PSEmu?
- Programming is about 10% of real time I'm spending on making this. 50%
takes resourceing PSX executables and 40% analyze of them! It is really
time consumpting processs.
- How difficult would you say that working on PSEmu has been?
- It is really difficult! You see, that there is no docs on internals or
even let's say externals (libraries, includes, something like that), so
everything have to be done by resource intuition... I think that
intuition is 90% of success. And the biggest problem it that I don't
have an Action Replay so many things can not be tested and it is reason
of slow exploration of PSX!!!!
- How did people react to PSEmu while it was still being created?
- Ouch, they were shocked, etc and non believing... even Emu News Service
creator has written an article about PSX emulators on scene, that was
really... sad! But, I have to thanx those non believing people, they
have me motivation to keep on work!
- How have people reacted now that PSEmu is playing games?
- Oh G!
- What plans do you have for PSEmu?
- To make it working :)
- Do you plan to optimize PSEmu in the near future?
- Yes, my friend "MUST STAY ANNONYMOUS" is working on PSEmuNT
(New Technology!!!! :) multi threaded PSEmu..... with dynamical
recompilation and DirectX support... I will not optimize it too much
'coz I'm to make it working and then let my friends make it fast.... :)
- Do you have any set goal for PSEmu?
- Yes, and I have achieved this: Raiden Project!!!!
- Are you having any problems because of working on PSEmu?
- Yes, I'm spending money on paper for printer :)
So... please donate me.... :)
If you've ever wanted to write a journalistic article about emulation,
interview an author of an emulator, or write an editorial expressing
new insights on the emulation scene, then perhaps you should submit an
article to Archaic Ruins!|
The criteria for having your work published is that your work must show
effort. Interviews must contain at the minimum, 10 questions. Editorials
must be at least 2 to 3 pages and quotations from multiple sources to support
your views and opinions. Humorous writings are also accepted!
- The Archaic Ruins Staff